Caporaso Giorgio - Architecture, Design, Sustainability
Italian-born architect and furniture designer Giorgio Caporaso graduated in Architecture specialising in Industrial Design and Furnishing at Politecnico di Milano.From the very start of his illustrious career, he dealt with architecture, interior design, residential design, industrial design and visual communication, assisting with educational programs at several university courses at the Polytechnic.
In 1997 he opened his own studio devoted to architectural design as well as, product, furniture and interior design for businesses and for private commissions. While embarking on this venture, Caporaso also cooperated with other design studios for exhibitions, corporate identity projects and product design.
Showing a great interest in eco-friendly projects, Caporaso began his study and exploration into sustainably designed products and furniture.
His personal aesthetic direction is geared toward experimenting and combining unusual natural and eco-friendly materials such as cardboard, wood and bioplastic as well continuing to inexhaustibly explore simple and interchangeable solutions in product and furniture design.
In 2007, his initial foray into this field culminated in the launch of his Ecodesign Collection, showcasing products for contemporary living that are innovatively designed for versatility and longevity.
Caporasos works have been exhibited in major international trade fairs, exhibitions (XIII Biennale di Architettura in Venice,Triennale di Milano, Museum of Fine Arts in Rio de Janeiro), specialised fairs, as well as used for eco-friendly environments and television sets.
In 2011, his iconic More Light and X2Chair cardboard products were displayed at Art and Design: live and think in paper and cardboard by Paolo Biscottini held at the Diocesan Museum of Milan.
Some items of the Ecodesign Collection were displayed at the exhibition "Ecology, environment, intelligence: creativity in respect of Creation" promoted by the Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea in collaboration with the John Paul II Foundation for Youth of the Pontifical Council for the Laity and the Vatican Museums, which will be held from July 9 to October 13, 2013 at the Museum of Fine Arts in Rio de Janeiro.
In 2013 and 2014 Giorgio Caporaso held solo exhibitions in his native Italy, achieving industry acclaim for both innovation and design. He has won many prestigious awards, including and his projects have been published in several international architectural and design books and magazines.
* IDA 14 - PRODUCT DESIGN - Silver Winner - Interior Furniture Category
* IDA 14 - PRODUCT DESIGN - Bronze Winner - Interior Furniture Category
* IDA 14 - PRODUCT DESIGN - Silver Winner - Residential Sustainable Design Category
* IDA 14 - PRODUCT DESIGN - Bronze Winner - Residential Sustainable Design Category
- 2014 - "A Design Award and Competition" 2013-2014: section for Furniture, Decorative Items and Homeware Design Category in 2013-14; - 2013 - “Gran Design Etico International Award” nomination for MORE LIGHT; - 2008 - "Tomorrow’s Design Philosophy: “Match-making” - 100% Design Londra 2008. Giorgio Caporaso with the project MORE is the winner of the Design Competition "Tommorow's Design Philosophy: “Match-making” - 100% Design London 2008; - 2008 - ICFF - New York (17 - 20 May 2008) Giorgio Caporaso with the project MORE selected for ehibition at ICFF - New York (17 - 20 May 2008); - 1998 - XVIII ADI ‘Compasso d’Oro’ (Golden Compass) award, Selection of Honour; 1998 - 16th Biennial of Industrial Design – Ljubljana . Mention of Honour;