Designer(s): Diogo Montes, United States
Category: Print, Professional
User's Profile : User's Profile
Artwork for Brazilian samba band Casuarina's album called "7". The idea was to deconstruct any pre-conceived notion of the band’s music and break every expectation by:
1. Removing any written information from the cover
2. Breaking visual expectations by dividing basic shapes through the use of color, creating entirely new configurations from the most familiar forms.
3. Intentionally breaking the song’s titles incorrectly, playing with perceptions and creating new words that emotionally connect with the songs.
4. Creating seven independent cards instead of a booklet.
5. Hiding 7s everywhere. Every division of every artwork forms a 7.
About the Designer/Company
Hello! I'm Diogo, a Brazilian Associate Creative Director (Art & Design) freelancing from NYC.
I love what I do. I love coming up with ideas, creating visual identities, exploring looks & feels, and I love doing it by being hands-on or by directing a team of diversified talents. Whatever it is, I love it even more if Iâ€™m working for the Arts & Culture industry.
My work was always fundamentally detail-oriented. My focus on craft and passion for solving visual and conceptual problems naturally led every step of my career. From the very beginning working for award-winning creative shops in Rio to my freelance career in NYC doing multidisciplinary work for agencies and direct clients.