"LOVE HANOI MOSAIC HEART"
Company:New Hanoi Arts Co.,Ltd
Designer(s): NGUYEN THI THU THUY, Viet Nam
Category: , Professional
User's Profile : User's Profile
Love Hanoi Mosaic Heart sculpture (3m x 3,5m x 0,6m) was designed by visual artist Nguyen Thu Thuy and completed by her New Hanoi Arts Co.,Ltd. It boasts a modern-looking heart-shaped sculpture, which features the stylized word “Hanoi” in the center.
On the front and back of the base are nearly 200 photos which depict the capital’s landscapes, people, hallmark architectural structures, historical events, and artworks.Thuy hand-picked the photos and printed them on a special type of ceramic herself before affixing them to the structure’s base.
Surrounding the structure are four benches which are also coated with ceramic and adorned with carvings of the capital’s hallmarks.Next to the sculpture is a mural coated with over a million small ceramic cubes.
The mural vividly portrays blooming lotuses and waterfowls and is reminiscent of Tay Lake’s signature lotuses, which have been shrinking in numbers in recent years.
About the Designer/Company
- In 2014, artist Thu Thuy had just completed 2 new public art works in Hanoi : Mosaic Golden Lotus Fountain and Love Hanoi Mosaic Heart Sculpture.
- In 2012 and 2014, artist Thu Thuy made the Vietnam Ceramic Mosaic Flag (312m2) and 6 murals in Truong Sa islands (Spratly Islands)
- In 2013 she made the ceramic mosaic â€ś Vietnam â€“ France friendshipâ€ť in Choisy le Roi city hall (France) to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the signing of Paris Peace Agreement (1973-2013).
- In 2011 she made the ceramic mosaic teapot Fountain in Thai Nguyen and Ceramic Mosaic Lotus in steps in Thanh Hoa pagoda.
- From 2006 to 2010 she was the founder and artist leader of Ceramic Mosaic Mural Project in Hanoi.
- 2010 : certificate of Guinness World Records for the Largest Ceramic Mosaic in the world (3.85 km long â€“ 6.950m2)
- 2008 : Bui Xuan Phai Award for the Idea of Hanoi Ceramic Mosaic Mural project â€“ the Gift to celebrate Hanoi Millennium (1010-2010)
- 2005 : Second Prize of Vietnam Press Awards for the writing of articles about Vietnam Cultural Heritage
- 2001- now : member of Hanoi and Vietnam Fine Arts Association
- 2002-2011 : Art critique writer for Hanoimoi newspaper
- 1994-now : Painting Oil, traditional lacquer, Graphic printing and participating in Group exhibitions in Hanoi, Seoul, Bucarest, Washington D.C
- 1994-2000 : Art critique writer for Vietnam Fine Arts Magazine
- 1992 : Graduated from Hanoi Foreign Language Teacher training University
- 1971 : Was born in Hanoi