Designer(s): Steven W. Ward, Paul M. Taylor, United States
Category: Outdoor and Exercise Equipment, Professional
User's Profile : User's Profile
The Lifecycle GX group cycle makes the experience of stationary group cycling enjoyable, motivating and effective. It‘s a fusion of technology and design, meeting the unique needs of users, trainers, and club owners for a highly favored fitness activity in commercial clubs. This bike offers a solid combination of functional affordances and visual semantics.
• Seat and handle bars with vertical and horizontal adjustment; allows every user their human factors fit via easy access knobs
• Ideal pedal width
• Stretching pad
• Ergonomic cycling seat cut-out; comfort and air flow
• Ergonomic handlebar; comfort and variable grip positions
• Dual water bottle receptacles / digital device holders; easy access
• Dual-sided pedals; accommodates athletic shoes and SPD pedal clips
• Touch Screen workout computer; displays speed, distance, cadence, calories, time, heart rate, resistance level, percent of MAX Heart Rate
• Manual Resistance lever linked to the display; tactile and visual feedback plus emergency stop
• Manual Resistance linked to the display; allows trainers to request variable resistance throughout the session
• Console feedback; displaying percent of Heart Rate MAX, allowing instructors to create innovative classes using heart rate zones
• Minimizing the frequency of maintenance; sweat protective shrouding, zinc-coated steel frame, rear fly wheel located out of the “sweat zone”, premium magnetic brake and multi-ribbed belt drive.
• Tested, robust build
• A departure in aesthetics; differentiator for brand-conscious gyms
• Angled stance / forward overhang; a visual sense of motion in stasis
• Rear flywheel; supporting the “tour-bike” semantic vs. the traditional “saw horse” design of competitors, achieving the perceived balance between a motion bike and a robust stationary bike.
• Red accent colors / graphics; reinforcing a touring bike energy
About the Designer/Company
No information has been provided