This collection was inspired by the external structures, textures, colors, sizes, and layers of a small organism; fungus, found in nature. We sometimes neglect the beauty what mother nature brings into this world; So we want to emphasize those details into our pieces and bring it to live.
One of our objective was to play with different textured fabrics to give the desire result to our garments such as light and heavy weight fabrics, and to better illustrate what our thesis is about. Also, pleats were incorporated to the collection to represent the gilled mushrooms.
Margarita and Cristina Ng Ng are Chinese-Dominican born and raised in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Chinese immigrant parents. They moved to New York to pursue fashion at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). After getting their bachelor’s degrees in 2017 and interning for over a year at Proenza Schouler in the atelier department. They had the opportunity to have their first runway show in Barcelona Fashion Weekend in 2018. After that, they decided to further continue their higher education to obtain their Master's degree in fashion design at FIT and graduated in May 2020.
- New York Fashion Week - Flying Solo Runway 2021
- Digital Runway Show - Dominicana Moda 2020
- Selected as finalists for iD International Emerging Designers Awards 2018
- CFDA/Fashion Future Graduate Showcase 2017
- Selected to represent FIT at the graduate fashion week London 2017
- Selected to senior fashion show/FIT 2017