Inspired by the oversized look of streetwear style with a touch of formal aesthetic that mixes two different categories.
Different types of fabrics were used to create the garments such as denim, horsehair braid, polyester, and tulle. This project delivers the idea of combining casualwear and formalwear.
Margarita and Cristina Ng Ng are Chinese-Dominican born and raised in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Chinese immigrant parents. They moved to New York to pursue fashion at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). After getting their bachelor’s degrees in 2017 and interning for over a year at Proenza Schouler in the atelier department. They had the opportunity to have their first runway show in Barcelona Fashion Weekend in 2018. After that, they decided to further continue their higher education to obtain their Master's degree in fashion design at FIT and graduated in May 2020.
- New York Fashion Week - Flying Solo Runway 2021
- Digital Runway Show - Dominicana Moda 2020
- Selected as finalists for iD International Emerging Designers Awards 2018
- CFDA/Fashion Future Graduate Showcase 2017
- Selected to represent FIT at the graduate fashion week London 2017
- Selected to senior fashion show/FIT 2017