Coffee-table book about Svalbard archipelago. Svalbard Life takes readers on a unique journey to Svalbard, one of the last regions of genuine wilderness in Europe. Arctic and marine biologist Paul Wassmann together with the book’s designer and Arctic photographer Rudi Caeyers exemplify and illustrate life, change, and resilience in the archipelago by unifying informative text with lavish imagery in a way that is comprehensible and stimulating. The magnificent imagery will take your breath away!
For many readers, this book will change their perception of life in the High North.
Rudi Caeyers is a Belgian photographer and designer, living in Tromsø, North Norway and working for the Arctic University of Norway and the Norwegian Polar Institute.
• Excellent Work Award, Florence Academy of Art, Sweden
• London International Creative Competition 2015, UK
• International Design Awards 2016: N-ICE exhibition: Honorable Mention, USA
• International Design Awards 2014: Svalbard Life book: Gold Award and Honorable Mention, USA
• Formidlingspris - Dissemination Award 2013, Tromsø, Norway
• Nominated at Global Arctic Awards 2012, St. Petersburg, Russia