"Love Hanoi Mosaic Sculpture"
Company:New Hanoi Arts Co.,Ltd
Designer(s): Nguyen Thu Thuy , Vietnam, Viet Nam
Category: , Professional
User's Profile : User's Profile
Vietnamese artist Nguyen Thu Thuy, who is the author of a Guinness-recognized ceramic mosaic mural in Hanoi, had just completed her latest love manifestation for the capital with a heart-shaped ceramic sculpture in January 2015.
The finishing touches have already been given to a sculpture called “Trai Tim Ha Noi” (Love Hanoi Heart), which had been erected near Truc Bach Lake in the capital’s Ba Dinh District, The lake was part of West Lake, one of Hanoi’s icons.
The structure, created by 44-year-old artist Nguyen Thu Thuy, is perfectly congruous with the lush vegetation near the idyllic lake.
It boasts a modern-looking heart-shaped sculpture, which features the stylized word “Hanoi” in the center. The colours of ceramic mosaic tiles are bright red, Prussian blue, gold, orange and green offering a joyful visual for visitors.
On the front and back of the base are nearly 200 photos which depict the capital’s landscapes, people, architecture landmarks, historical events, and artworks.
Thuy collected and chosed the documentary photos of Hanoi and printed them on a special type of ceramic herself before affixing them to the structure’s base.
Surrounding the sulpture are four arc benches which are also coated with ceramic mosaic and adorned with carvings of the capital’s architecture landmarks.
The Love Hanoi mosaic heart sculpture faces Thanh Nien Street, one of the city’s nicest streets.
Next to the sculpture is a mural coated with over a million small ceramic mosaic tiles.
The mural vividly portrays blooming lotuses and waterfowls and is reminiscent of West Lake’s signature lotuses, which have been shrinking in numbers in recent years.
About the Designer/Company
- In 2014, artist Thu Thuy had just completed 2 new public art works in Hanoi : Mosaic Golden Lotus Fountain and Love Hanoi Mosaic Heart Sculpture.
- In 2012 and 2014, artist Thu Thuy made the Vietnam Ceramic Mosaic Flag (312m2) and 6 murals in Truong Sa islands (Spratly Islands)
- In 2013 she made the ceramic mosaic â€ś Vietnam â€“ France friendshipâ€ť in Choisy le Roi city hall (France) to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the signing of Paris Peace Agreement (1973-2013).
- In 2011 she made the ceramic mosaic teapot Fountain in Thai Nguyen and Ceramic Mosaic Lotus in steps in Thanh Hoa pagoda.
- From 2006 to 2010 she was the founder and artist leader of Ceramic Mosaic Mural Project in Hanoi.
- 2010 : certificate of Guinness World Records for the Largest Ceramic Mosaic in the world (3.85 km long â€“ 6.950m2)
- 2008 : Bui Xuan Phai Award for the Idea of Hanoi Ceramic Mosaic Mural project â€“ the Gift to celebrate Hanoi Millennium (1010-2010)
- 2005 : Second Prize of Vietnam Press Awards for the writing of articles about Vietnam Cultural Heritage
- 2001- now : member of Hanoi and Vietnam Fine Arts Association
- 2002-2011 : Art critique writer for Hanoimoi newspaper
- 1994-now : Painting Oil, traditional lacquer, Graphic printing and participating in Group exhibitions in Hanoi, Seoul, Bucarest, Washington D.C
- 1994-2000 : Art critique writer for Vietnam Fine Arts Magazine
- 1992 : Graduated from Hanoi Foreign Language Teacher training University
- 1971 : Was born in Hanoi